Labels

Monday, January 9, 2017

The Cold Line

We had our first snow of the year this last Thursday.  It wasn't a lot but it was pretty.  I was of course opening at work, but we were a little slower than usual and got to look at the still-falling, glittery snow falling outside the big windows.


It was brighter out when I got off work so I was able to appreciate my brick apartment building covered in snow; notice the freshly shoveled sidewalks!   



Last night I went home for a delicious chili dinner and we ended up looking through some old photo albums.  I found this gem of Dad, me, and Andrew playing in the snow in 1993.  I don't remember this far back but I remember in later years when we would go sledding down the driveway or build little snowmen in the front yard and Mom would have hot cocoa waiting for us when we came inside and took off all our multiple layers of snow-things.  I hope we get a little more snow this winter.  As much as I hate the cold, I do like looking out the window to see a snowy winter wonderland.


(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment