Labels

Friday, January 5, 2018

Cafe Mochas and Little Poinsettias

I happened to have a Saturday off one of the weekends in December, which was a miracle because I work every Saturday the rest of the year, but Saturdays during holiday are all hands on deck!  Anyway, I took advantage of it by joining Mom, Debby, and Nana on a little trip downtown to this cool brunch place called Cafe Osage.



Housed in a charming old brick building with wrought iron details and big, multi-pane windows, it made for a lovely brunch.  Everyone ordered coffee and picked out something from the menu.  They had the classics, but with unique twists.  I ordered pancakes but they came with some strange homemade jam spread on top, which turned out to be pretty good.



Afterwards, we walked next-door to the conjoined shop that had all manner of gardening things, festive plants and pots to put them in, and other assorted books and trinkets.  After wandering around a bit and checking everything out, I settled on a cute little mini poinsettia that is still going strong, I might add.




(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment