Labels

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Separation of the S's

Good morning, everyone!  I'm sitting here at my table enjoying a slice of chocolate marble loaf and a fresh cup of coffee.  Mmmmmmm delightful.


I broke down and bought a pot of those cheap flowers at the front of Schnucks the other day.  It is officially Spring now, after all.  They do look nice, and brighten up the tablescape a bit.  As you can see in the picture, it is turning out to be a dreary rain day.  That's ok though; I have some homework to do and might read some of my book.  I'm still on The Handmaid's Tale, but I'm almost finished.  I have several books in the waiting room at the moment: A Brave New World, Clockwork Orange, and I've also been wanting to reread the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  This time around I want to underline things and write in the margins.  The first two were loaned to me from a friend down in Springfield.  He was shocked that I had never read them.  To me they don't really seem to be part of that you-have-to-read-this classics list, but then again he also sent me home with the movie Love Actually (that he was also shocked that I've never seen), so who knows.  Which one should I read first?

(photo by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment