Labels

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Let's Catch Up

Well, today is the last day of the year 2014, so you know what that means; an end of year post!  You're excited, I know.  It has been a pretty big year for me.  To sum it up, I worked my hellish office job in Nashville for the first half of the year, spent much time in coffee shops and bars in East Nashville, found out Grandma was taking the Hunts to Destin, quit my job, went to the beach, where I cleared my head and decided to move back to St. Louis to further pursue my education, in the field of education no less, moved home up to the attic loft space, got hired at the best Starbucks in the St. Louis area, had a very successful first semester of grad school, and recently had a very delightful Christmas season.  Quite a year pour moi.

All of these big changes have been made easier by my new life mantra: to be positive and healthy.  I recently added simplicity to the lifestyle, as three points is always better than two.  I try to break everything down to its simplest form, while being positive, which has led to a much healthier state of mind.  I definitely plan on keeping this way of life in tact throughout 2015.

Now, to step into a less serious light, let's talk about fashion.  I've slowly stripped down to a more classic, northeastern silhouette, with more of a focus on comfort.  I've recently embraced fair isle prints, leggings as pants, nautical navy and white, and duck boots.  My new favorite personal style blogs definitely follow suite (What Olivia DidClassy Girls Wear PearlsA Little Dash of Darling, and the original street style blog classic, The Sartorialist).  Here are some of my favorite personal style shots over the year.

This was probably one of the coldest days of last winter.


And this little park had the best view of the Nashville skyline.


Still chilly, but finally Spring!


The beginning of my print obsession.


I really liked the button up knotted over a dress look during the summer.


The badass, super cropped shot, emphasis on the tattoo.


Guarding the hay bales.


And this is right next to the hay field, the day after we got back from Florida.


The mural wall shots; one in Nashville and one in Stl.



And then I dyed my hair.


And I knew this nautical-looking outfit would look great in the park.


And here I am showing off one of my favorite pairs of little ankle boots.


This was in the fall before the leaves started changing.


A rarely documented jeans outfit.


And we're back to the winter months.  You can't see it, but it was snowing when I took these pics.


After that, I decided it was too cold for outdoor shoots.


And that wraps it up!  Another year of lifestyle and sartorial surprises, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Can't wait to see what 2015 will bring.

(photos by e.hunt)

No comments:

Post a Comment